• Image of home insurance application

Home insurance – Landlords insurance – Buildings & contents

Home insurance

There are two main types of home insurance, buildings insurance and contents insurance.

Buildings insurance only

Buildings insurance covers the building itself against things like fires and floods. It will also cover permanent and fitted fixtures and fittings in your home and garden. 

If you own your home, buildings insurance is absolutely essential. If you have a mortgage, your lender will almost certainly require a copy of your policy as a condition of the mortgage

Contents cover only

Contents insurance protects your household goods and your personal possessions such as electrical goods, jewellery, clothes and furniture.

You can usually add various options to your contents insurance that will provide additional cover. Two common enhancements are accidental damage cover and cover for possessions outside of the home. Some insurers include these as additional options.


Buildings & Contents Cover 

This is usually the most convenient and cost-effective way to buy your home insurance if you need both buildings and contents cover.

The home insurance panel that we use  is 5 star Defaqto rated and plans include a comprehensive range of features and benefits. These include well known insurers such as RSA, AXA and Legal & General.

Some of the benefits of the policies are :

  • Full comprehensive cover with full accidental damage options
  • Premiums can be reduced by specifying a different level of excess
  • You can specify the level of excess you want, potentially reducing your premium 

At ALT Financial Solutions we will help you get the cover that is right for you and your home by comparing quotes from different 5* providers . 

Read our guide below that explains how you can ensure that your home is protected.  


Contact us today for a free home insurance quote